Cool Graphics at RevolutionMySpace.com >

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

We're taking the plunge

After much deliberation we have decided to buy a home! We found a realtor - or actually he kind of found us, but we really like him. We went through 4 townhouses - 3 previously lived in - 1 brand new. That was it. It was perfect and DR Horton seems happy to sell it to us.

Now, the circus begins. Looking for a mortgage makes me wonder if Henry Ford had something with his "you can get any color as long as it's black" concept. Wouldn't it be awesome if there was only one mortgage lender and they were ethically and legally required to give you the best possible deal no matter what? Yeah - I know - snap back to reality. Hey, a girl can dream. I feel like I am shopping for a used car. However, with a used car I am an educated consumer. With the mortgage, I feel vulnerable and like a babe in the woods. My husband has informed me it is time to change my perspective. I am not longer the customer service rep that Citibank has trained me to be. I need to become the unflinching consumer that needs to be pleased. (This may be a tough change for me.)

I know one thing. I am unemployed and there are days that I work harder managing our lives than I ever did at Citibank. Sistah is workin' it! You know the saying, "timing is everything". It might not be advisable, if you are able to avoid it, to not buy a timeshare, have your husband change jobs, relocate, purchase your first house, shop for appliances, and find temporary accommodations all in the same month, at the same time. This is the juggling act of the circus. Note to self, don't let the balls drop - there isn't a time limit for this performance like there was in gym class.

Speaking of gym class . . . that reminds me of grade school, which reminds me of many things (not all pleasant memories) but lately all I can think about are those "soy burgers" the ladies in the hair nets used to serve us. I have been dying for one. Does anyone know where I can find one?

With that, I have some phone calls to make - peace out!

No comments:

glitter graphics