Cool Graphics at RevolutionMySpace.com >

Monday, April 30, 2007

GOODBYE Saint Cloud!

Since our return from San Francisco, our life has not been standing still. Just a few days after our return, my husband interviewed for a new position with Cognos. I knew he was serious about the position when he studied information and mentally practiced interview responses for the entire drive and never once complained about my driving or long it was taking us to get there. After a 4 1/2 interview, we were left to wonder if they were interested in hiring him or not.

Not to be pushed from the spot light, I received my first subpoena. I was summoned back to Sioux Falls to testify in front of a grand jury.

One and a half weeks after the interview, it was no surprise to me when Cognos called and offered Hari the job.

As a result, we will be moving! Now, y'all know how much I hate moving! I have moved 3 times since I married my husband. Prior to that, I had lived in my ghetto apartment for 9 1/2 years. But I am so happy to be leaving Saint Cloud moving seems like a small price, and the new job includes relocation.


Relocation means the "Moving Crew" from Sioux Falls will not have to hide from us, put our calls directly to voice mail, or pretend to be maimed. It means we have the money to hire a moving company. I am asking the "Moving Crew", the "Moon Crew" and any one else who will to cross their fingers and say a prayer that this experience will be much more positive than my last encounter with hiring a moving company. Just to let you know, that experience resulted in the subpoena mentioned above.

I didn't waste my time unpacking too many boxes when I got to Saint Cloud. (And you thought it was laziness.) It was just preparation for the next phase of our live!


With the job accepted and the move on the horizon, we sat down to make another decision. To rent or to buy. Some of the points to ponder:
  • Are we ready for the responsibility of a home?
  • If we rent, can we handle moving again in the near future?
  • Which suburb of Minneapolis is the best to live in?
  • Can we afford to buy a home?
  • Is it near a bus route?

Hari's job is in Bloomington. You got it - that Bloomington. The home of the famous Mall of America. In fact, his office is just one crosswalk away. But if you are familiar with the Minneapolis/St Paul area, you know that working in Bloomington gives you at least 8 choices of communities to live in that are about a stone's throw from the famous shopping Mecca.

Decisions . . decisions . . decisions

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, a nice lake front property perhaps?

glitter graphics