Cool Graphics at RevolutionMySpace.com >

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thank God for Kinkos!

Kinkos is my new BFF! Not necessarily because I chose it, but because I have had to visit there every day for the last two weeks or so. I have been copying documents, faxing information and sending some items FedEx. While standing at the counter the other day, another sign caught my eye.

PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS

Kinkos takes passport photos. Not only do they take them in a semi-private area of the store, they allow you to review your picture before it's printed. That's right - you choose if it is acceptable or needs to be done again. Upon this discovery, I paused and enjoyed the Hallelujah Chorus that was my private concert! I found it. The answer to my picture crisis.

So the next day; I fixed my hair, picked out the perfect accessories and put on my favorite sweater. A last check in the mirror, lipstick in my hand (for touch up), and I was off to Kinkos. When I got there, I was the only customer and it became my own private photo shoot. Let me tell you, Ms. Kinkos knew what she was doing. She snapped my picture, brought the camera over for review and to my shock and amazement, the first and only picture was awesome! Now that was how the passport photo process was supposed to be.

I trotted to the counter, all smiles, and waited for my photo to print. I paid my bill. (Double that of the discount grocery store that gave me the photo from Hell, but worth every penny). Took my little folder with the two 2X2 inch photos and headed home to complete my application. Now, I just need to wait for the Government to respond. Thank goodness there are no immediate travel plans. The application and my beautiful photo have been sent off to the National Passport Center.

Yippee! I will be able to travel again. I will be able to flash my passport with an awesome photo!

I am now able to put the Cash Wise Grocery experience far, far behind me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am certain that I have a photo or 2 that would have been great on your passport. Fugimoto to the rescue ya know!!

Love the blog - keep it going!!!

glitter graphics